Primary rhinoplasty is the first rhinoplasty that a patient undergoes. In most cases, primary rhinoplasty yields ideal, permanent results and is the only surgery necessary.
But in some occasions unfavorable results or future trauma can necessitate additional surgery. This is called a revision rhinoplasty.
Both procedures are performed similarly, but revision rhinoplasty does require extra care around scar tissue. It means it is very important to choose a surgeon who fully understands your desires and offers you realistic expectations about your potential results.
Patients who are unhappy with the results of a previous nose surgery, are finished growing, are in good health, and have realistic expectations for their outcome are ideal candidates for rhinoplasty revision.
The main reason of the rhinoplasty surgery is so simple. A nose that fits your face. Natural looking nose also a balance with your other facial features. If your feeling is not fitting these simple needs, you may be a ideal candidate for a revision rhinoplasty.
Assoc. Prof.Dr.Fatih Irmak’s main expertise on rhinoplasty is revision rhinoplasty procedures. He has created very special techniques for the needs of patients who has unsatisfying past experiences about their rhinoplasty surgery. He has own techniques for revision rhinoplasty and shaping rib graft. And these techniques published in most popular Plastic Surgery journals in the world.
For international patients
- If you are coming to Istanbul for rhinoplasty procedure it is strongly recommended having companion.
- After the surgery; 7 days stay would be enough for post consultations.
- 24 hours after the procedure if you feel comfortable you may take your time in Istanbul.
- Please book your hotel at least 5 days before the procedure day.
- Please be sure that your country nationalities are not obligated for Turkish visa. (EU, most of middle eastern country nationalities has no need for visa.)