What is Implant Replacement?
Implant replacement (breast augmentation revision) is a procedure commonly chosen when a person would like to replace an aged implant or would like to change the size or shape of an original implant.
Thousands of women undergo breast augmentation surgery each year and many of these patients will require a revision surgery. The most common reason to have a second breast implant revision surgery is to change the size of the implant.
Another common reason to need a revision would be to treat a condition known as capsular contracture. This basically refers to hard scar tissue which can form around the breast implant causing the implant to become distorted and firm. This occurs in about 10% of all patients undergoing breast augmentation. It is known to occur more commonly in breast implants inserted through the areolar incision as well as implants placed above the muscle (subglandular).
Besides size requests, capsular contracture is the main reason for needing a breast implant revision surgery.
Reasons for Breast Implant Replacement
- Exchanging breast implants for a different size, style, or fill material
- Replacing ruptured or leaking implants
- Improving disappointing results from previous breast augmentation
- Correcting a complication such as capsular contracture (hardening of the scar tissue around the implant), bottoming out (implant drops too low), or symmastia (implants placed too close together)
- Removing implants without replacing them (It is called explantation)
Who can benefit?
If you are considering breast revision surgery, you may fall into one of these:
- Poor implant choice
- Weak breast tissue
Who is a good candidate for implant replacement?
If you are in good general health and have realistic expectations regarding the results of your revision surgery, you are an ideal candidate for the procedure.
Where does Dr. Fatih Irmak perform this procedure?
Dr. Fatih Irmak performs procedures at an international accredited hospital facility and state of the art surgical center equipped with the most advanced technologies available, on an outpatient basis.
How long does implant replacement procedure take?
The surgery takes 1 to 2 hours.
What to expect after breast implant replacement?
|Shower or bath||1 to 2 Days After Surgery|
|Back to work||1 to 3 weeks after surgery|
|Physical contact with breasts||4 to 6 weeks after surgery|
|Driving||When You Are Pain-Free|
|Strenuous activity||3 to 4 weeks after surgery|
|Fading of scars||Several months to 1 year after surgery|
For international patients
- If you are coming to Istanbul for breast implant replacement procedure it is strongly recommended having companion.
- After the surgery; 7 days stay would be enough for post consultations.
- 24 hours after the procedure if you feel comfortable you may take your time in Istanbul.
- Please book your hotel at least 5 days before the procedure day.
- Please be sure that your country nationalities are not obligated for Turkish visa. (EU, most of middle eastern country nationalities has no need for visa)