What is Breast Lift?
The scientific term for a breast lift is mastopexy. Mastopexy is a surgical procedure that raises and shapes sagging breasts. The procedure can also reduce the size of the darker area around your nipples, the areola, which may have become enlarged due to pregnancy or breastfeeding.
The inevitable aging process plus gravity causes the skin to become less elastic as time passes, which in turn for women can lead to a poor breast shape.
This procedure has the aim of elevating the breasts and recreating a fuller, perkier appearance.
Breast lift surgery restores the elasticity of the female breast tissue by removing excess sagging tissue in the breast, and reshaping and repositioning the breast mound and nipple.
Who can benefit?
Women seek breast lifts at West End Plastic Surgery to improve the look of breasts that are sagging due to:
- A genetic predisposition for sagging breasts
Who is a good candidate for breast lift?
Breasts of any size may be lifted with mastopexy. But better results are generally achieved with smaller breasts. It’s also not unusual for women to need breast reduction surgery. That can help ensure larger breasts don’t sag again after getting lifted. It is usually better to wait until after your pregnancy to undergo a breast lift.
Dr. Fatih Irmak considers individuals fit for the procedure, if all of the following are true of them:
- Physically and psychologically fit and healthy, and have fully developed breasts
- Concerned by the size, shape or position of at least one of their breasts
- Have realistic expectations of what can be achieved by surgery
Depending on the amount of ptosis or sag, breast augmentation alone may provide an acceptable cosmetic alternative. If the nipple-areola complex is too low and the skin is of poor elastic quality, a breast lift is the only way to achieve a more youthful breast shape.
Where does Dr. Fatih Irmak perform this procedure?
Dr. Fatih Irmak performs procedures at an international accredited hospital facility and state of the art surgical center equipped with the most advanced technologies available, on an outpatient basis.
What type of anesthesia is used for breast lift?
Your surgeon may use a general anesthetic or a local anesthetic with sedation, both of which ensure you remain completely comfortable throughout your procedure.
How long does breast lift surgery take?
The procedure taxes 1.5 – 2 hours.
Things To Be Aware Of After Your Surgery
After your surgery is completed, your breasts will be bandaged with gauze and a special surgical bra will be placed over your breasts to hold them in the best position for healing. In most cases, you will be ready to go home shortly after your breast lift procedure. You may be a bit sleepy after the anesthesia, so it is important to have someone drive you to your place after your surgery. You may also want to have someone stay with you for the first few days after the surgery.
|Shower or Bath||1 to 2 Days After Surgery|
|Back to Work||7 to 10 Days After Surgery|
|Driving||4 to 6 Days After Surgery|
|Physical Contact With Breasts||3 to 4 Weeks After Surgery|
|Strenuous Activity||4 to 5 Weeks After Surgery|
|Fading of Scars||Several Months to 1 Year|
For international patients
- If you are coming to Istanbul for breast lift procedure it is strongly recommended having companion.
- After the surgery; 7 days stay would be enough for post consultations.
- 24 hours after the procedure if you feel comfortable you may take your time in Istanbul.
- Please book your hotel at least 5 days before the procedure day.
- Please be sure that your country nationalities are not obligated for Turkish visa. (EU, most of middle eastern country nationalities has no need for visa)